OrganizeYour preparation may not be fun, but it will make the most of your time and budget. A well organized party will go more smoothly. Create a checklist of food, decor, games, invitations, and the like.
- Clean the clutter.
- How does the outside look? Cut the grass, clean the pool or hot tub.
- Do you have enough seating? Get some inexpensive patio furniture for overflow.
- Be sure to provide non-alcoholic beverages.
- Remember to prepare as much as possible before the party it will make a more relaxing event for you.
- Ask a friend to lend you some small side tables, they always come in handy.
DecorationHow you decorate your patio will set the mood for your party. When you consider your decor remember to use balance; too much it is clutter, too little and no one will notice.
- Colorful plates to pretty placemats. Summer entertaining is all about color, so the brighter the better.
- Use torches or fire bowls for warmth.
- Use plants and fragrant herbs. Remember a Citronella plant will keep mosquitoes away.
Food & drinksDon't make food and drinks options complicated - its a relaxing time. The food and drink must be tasty, fresh and colorful.
- Buy local and seasonal. Rather than the grocery store try a farmers market to get seasonal foods.
- The last thing people want when after spending time in the sun is to eat something heavy or greasy. Have a lighter meals that offers flavor without weighing your guests down.