A bit Northwest of Thompsons TX, Casual Patio serves you with these products:
- Doughboy Above Ground Pools
- Custom Patio Construction
- Hot Tubs and Spas
- Pool and Spa Supplies
- Gas Grill Supplies
- Big Green Egg Smoker & Grill
- Gazebo Construction
- Custom Gas Grills
Read the history:
Settlement in Thompsons Texas began around 1830. Robert E. Bohannon from Alabam to Texas and was given a land grant under a program where the Mexican government contracted with empresario Stephen F. Austin to bring in settlers.
After he died, his wife married Hiram Thompson, who named the community after himself. It became a station on the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe in 1879, and was granted a post office in 1888. The town at one time was called Thompson's Switch. By 1896 the community had an estimated 300 residents, who were served by a cotton gin, a general store, and two saloons.
From the 1920s through the mid-1940s the town reported a population of seventy-five. The Cane Belt Railroad built a second line through the community in 1930, and in 1940 the town included a school, a cotton gin, a store, and two churches. In 1947 the community reported a population of 100; in 1972, 73; in 1982, 240; and in 1990, 167. The population was 236 in 2000. Thompsons incorporated in 1979.
On September 22, 1970, 84 residents sent a petition to nearby Beach City to annex the community. Then in 1971, Baytown sued Beach City in an attempt to stop the annexation of Cove. In 1973, Beach City released its claim to what are now the city limits of Cove. An incorporation election was held and the City of Cove was incorporated on May 23, 1973. Leroy Stevens was Cove's first mayor. The City Council of Beach City presented to Mayor Stevens Cove's first municipal seal, which is believed to be the one still in use.