- Make sure to seal your wooden deck every few years. Make sure you don’t sand before sealing unless absolutely needed. Otherwise you may need to apply three coats of sealer rather than one. An easy way to save some hassle is to get a product with stain and sealer in one.
- Avoid painting your deck if you can help it. Painting your deck will introduce a whole other steps of maintenance. The paint flakes and chips and is a pain to re do.
- Be careful with power washing. We all know how fun it can be to see the before and after power washing your patio but too much pressure can damage certain wood and stone surfaces.
- Make sure to sweep away debris regularly. Trapped dirty and leaves can lead to mold, rotting, and stains. It’s always easier to prevent these issues than to cure them.
- Try to rearrange the patio furniture once a year. This helps prevent the spread of mildew due to moisture building up in rugs and certain furnishings that don’t move to often.
Make sure to reach out to Casual Patio Pools and Spas for more info on how we can make your backyard the best it can be.