No matter what your fitness level, the general benefits of swimming are yours to go out and grab and make your own.
It has the power to give your muscles a makeover, transform you into a cardio king, turn back the clock, and calm you quicker than a secluded beach in the Bahamas.
But if this isn’t enough to get you reaching for your cossie, here are our top benefits of swimming to show you there is no such thing as being too cool for the pool.
Swimming is a good all-round activity because it:
- keeps your heart rate up but takes some of the impact stress off your body
- builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness
- helps maintain a healthy weight, healthy heart and lungs
- tones muscles and builds strength
- provides an all-over body workout, as nearly all of your muscles are used during swimming.